Black mold is a common infestation among homes and buildings. Long-term exposure to black molds can harm your health. But there are different ways and methods to treat molds. However, when you need a professional, the mold remediation Wesley chapel is capable of providing the tests and appropriate remediation of molds at home and business spaces.
Key points to ponder
- A black mold is a form of fungus that is dark green or black. It is often to have distinct musty or damp, mildew smell.
- Black mold has different species of fungus, and that includes Stachybotrys charm. It is extremely dangerous to humans.
- It loves to grow on surfaces that contain a large amount of cellulose. The typical spots are fiberboard, wood, gypsum board, or paper. The mold prefers to grow in damp and warm environments.
- Often, black mold thrives in humid areas like bathrooms, laundry rooms, and shower cubicles. It grows in following a burst pipe or flooding. In building, they commonly thrive in between wall layers that can hardly be noticeable to any person.
- The black molds can release harmful mycotoxin. When a person can inhale the toxin, it can lead to specific health effects. Some of the results are lung disease or weakening of the immune system.
Symptoms of poisoning caused by Black Molds
Black mold poisoning is a type of mycotoxicosis. It can occur if a person takes in too many mycotoxins by breathing over an extended period.
The symptoms of black mold poisoning can look alike to upper respiratory tract infection. These symptoms may be flu or the common cold. For other people, black molds can lead to the weakening of the immune system leading to other severe signs of illness.
The symptoms of black mold exposure include:
- a stuffy nose
- a runny nose
- red eyes
- itchy skin or eyes
- a sore or itchy throat
Other existing respiratory conditions may worsen because of Black mold exposure. Persons with asthma may experience additional symptoms:
- persistent coughing
- frequent chest colds
- difficulty breathing
- allergic reactions
- general fatigue
Rarely but it happens that long-term exposure to black molds toxins can lead to the following:
- retention loss
- Difficulty of focusing
- Sensitive to light
- Numbness in hands and feet
- Pain and cramps
- Sudden gaining of weight
Who are vulnerable to black molds?
The groups of individuals who have the following conditions are vulnerable:
- seasonal allergies, such as hay fever
- mold allergies
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Children are vulnerable to black molds
Black mold exposure is more harmful to children. The study of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reveals that children inhaling mold toxins early in life are likely to experience and develop asthma. Arguably, asthma is by family history, but because it is hard to notice the existence of molds, the toxins can hardly be noticeable as the ultimate reason for asthma to happen.
- Diagnosis can be difficult because the main symptoms of mold poisoning are common to respiratory
- The doctor will ask you to check and test the levels of mold in your home if the molds cause the symptoms
- Allergy and blood tests is a recommendation
- Blood sampling to check antibodies
- Skin prick test to test allergies