The dating profile is important if you want to meet someone through online dating. Here are the best tips for creating a great profile that will get you noticed.
1. Ask you friends for a bit of help describing yourself. These people know you pretty well (sometimes even better than you know yourself!) and they’ll be able to see things in yourself that you can’t.
2. Avoid those tired clichés. Sure, you may love taking long walks on the beach at sunset, but so does everyone and their mother. As you are creating your profile, you’ll want to write things that make you special and unique. This is a great chance to talk about any skills you have or achievements you’ve accomplished.
3. Talk about hobbies that others can do, too. People who read your profile want to be able to picture themselves being part of your life. So if you are going to talk about your passion for books or how frequently you waste your time online, that isn’t going to appeal to too many people. Instead, talk about other things you enjoy that others can participate in too.
4. Choose an action shot for your photograph. You might think that when you’re uploading a photograph for other people to see, it should be a headshot where you’re looking into the camera. It’s a common practice that generates results, but it isn’t always the best choice. Studies show that people who use an action shot, even when their face isn’t visible, as a picture receive more messages.
5. Always be positive when you’re engaging online, whether you’re writing your online dating profile, you’re sending a message to someone, or you are in a chat room amongst other singles. When you’re a negative Nancy, people will think you’re doing it for attention or that you’re a drama queen. Instead, try being more positive—not only about yourself but in general.
6. Remember that honesty is always important. Lying has never been known to get anyone what they want without it coming back to gnaw them on the butt later on down the road. It’s always best if you avoid that possibility and just be completely honest right out the gate.
7. Be specific and don’t skimp on the details, regardless of what you’re talking about. Remember, you want people to be able to see themselves fitting into your life. So, this means when you’re talking about your daily life, don’t be afraid to get specific. Now this does not mean you should feel like you have to give the minute by minute itinerary, but you know what we mean.
8. Your online dating profile is almost like a resume that should be updated regularly. Whenever you get a promotion, you travel to some place new, you’ve changed your hairstyle… These are good reasons to update your profile. When you keep the most up-to-date information on your profile, people will be able to see the most accurate version of you.