Now it seems to be fashionable to be liberal, out of the ordinary, modern. But the term can be somewhat ambiguous. Because what is defined as normal? This has even reached love and relationships. So much so that every day new words appear that constantly redefine them. Therefore Skokka chose to ask the love professionals, the experienced and sexy Sydney escorts to further elaborate on the topics of love, sex and relationships.
5 Types of relationships
First of all, it is necessary to be clear about what the words mean and what each type of relationship implies in order to know whether one would be willing to practice it or not. Below we explain five of the most confusing to understand and differentiate for most people.
- Polyamory: Refers to those people who believe that it is possible to love more than one person. That is why they have several loving, personal and intimate relationships at the same time with several people. Not like for example the unfaithful who secretly look for some of the hot escorts in Hull, or other women with whom to have casual encounters. Even in some religions and cultures, it is considered completely normal and traditional for a man to be married to more than one woman.
- Free love: This is an idea that believes in generating bonds and relationships without any sexual or emotional exclusivity. Unlike polyamory, according to this, there is no concept of a couple as such. Only individuals who share bonds.
- Monogamy: The most common type of relationship that can be found today. One in which there is only one partner and fidelity is demanded. Only love and desire for a single person are understood.
- Swingers: Also known as partner swapping. It is a type of relationship that refers to a couple, of any kind, who enjoys meeting other couples to exclusively have sex.
- Open relationship: This is a case in which a stable couple does not want to set limits. It means that, apart from the exclusive bond between them, each one is free to have sex with other people. Regardless of who is the person with whom they have sex, as long as it is within the rules established by each couple.
How healthy are open relationships?
Young people seem to have more and more open relationships instead of sticking to monogamy. A trend that seems to dictate that freedom and flexibility are better than what is already established and “normality”. But this kind of relationship still generates problems and debates among people. Is there anything wrong with them?
The answer is very clear, no. As long as they are done well. And it is often very difficult to escape from the conditioning of society’s prejudices and values. But in the end, those who should be interested are those involved in the couple, not the whole society. So those who have to be in agreement and at ease are only them, not everyone else.
That is why you have to learn to discover yourself, to know what kind of partner and how you want to relate and create each of the links. Because you cannot force yourself to like something. No matter how much you may like a person, you enter into a relationship for yourself, not for others. Otherwise, problems will arise and you will look for escapes such as requesting the services of beautiful escorts in Kolkata.
Keys to an open relationship
There are a number of things to keep in mind and to do if you really want to have an open relationship:
- Communication: Talking to your partner about your desires, concerns, doubts… It can be difficult in some cases, but it is very important that both people know how the other is doing.
- Confidence in and jealousy out: The key to a successful relationship is confidence in yourself and in each other. It should be enough to know and see the bond of love and respect between the two of you and that it remains strong, regardless of what happens outside. If that is lacking, it can be a warning sign.
- Rules and boundaries can be established. But always consensual and discussed between the components of the couple.
- Taking care of the relationship. The fact that you can have intimacies outside does not imply that you stop feeling love, attraction, and desire for the existing partner. For whom it is necessary to continue dedicating time and effort so that the flame does not extinguish.
- Ignore the comments of others. What is really important is what you and your partner think, think and feel. Others can do what they want. That is why it is important to separate and differentiate.
In the end, no matter what kind of relationship you have, it only has to be the one you decide and feel. Because in the end the person who is going to live it, enjoy it, suffer it, and everything is that same person. It doesn’t matter what society or anyone else may say. The important thing is to be true to oneself, one’s values and beliefs, in order to be happy. And as long as it is mutually agreed upon with other people and consensual, there is nothing wrong with putting into practice any kind of lasting or casual relationship.