If you want the best from your truck’s braking power, you should consider upgrading with a performance brake kit. This aftermarket improvement to your truck brakes can help you stop on a dime and get better control. For most buyers, getting a kit is the way to go because it makes performing the upgrade easier.
Why Performance Brakes?
The immediate question for most people is why get performance brakes? After all, your stock brakes likely manage to slow your truck down on the road without issue. However, you may be missing out on some stopping power.
There are a few situations that may call for an upgrade. The first is if you plan to tow a lot. While stock brakes can normally accommodate some occasional towing of lighter loads, they aren’t always ready for maximum towing performance. Many brake kits for trucks are designed specifically to help with heavy loads.
Another reason you may want to upgrade is if you are planning to do some performance driving. Brakes help with control. So, whether you are hitting some challenging trails, racing or just like to gun down the highway, better brakes can help.
What Is Included?
When you order a brake kit, you will get everything you need to improve your braking power. These are some of the items you will find:
- Rotors: You will get new, performance rotors. In many cases, these are drilled and/or slotted. These characteristics help to dissipate heat and improve your vehicle’s stopping power.
- Brake Pads: The brake pads are what grips on the rotors. Upgraded versions may have special compounds and designs that help them manage heat and provide more frictions.
- Mounting Gear: All brake kits have the mounting gear you need to get everything set up.
- Calipers: Many brake kits include new calipers. These are the parts that actuate the braking motion. Bigger calipers with more power will provide more grip.
- Brake Lines: In some cases, brake kits also include new lines. This is usually included if the improved calipers need a greater flow of brake fluid.
Which Brake Kits Should You Buy?
There are a lot of brake kits available for trucks. The right performance brake kit could help you to get more from your truck. These are some top options:
- Power Stop Z36 Truck & Tow: This brake kit is designed for towing with your truck, as the name implied. It includes drilled and slotted rotors as well as new brake pads.
- EBC Brakes: EBC is the go-to for performance driving brakes. They have different levels (represented by colors) that are ideal for street, truck, track and racing.
- Power Stop Z23 Evolution: These brakes are intended for pushing your truck to the performance limit. They can help keep your brake temperature down while you go fast.
Upgrade Your Braking Today
The right performance brake kit can help you to improve your truck driving experience. Whether towing, on the trail or just having fun on the road, a good set of brakes will work wonders. Plus, this is an easier upgrade than you may think. Get started finding your brake kit today.